Crumbled Gorgonzola cheese perks up this Italian themed salad (feta cheese is also a wonderful alternative).
- 1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped radicchio lettuce
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- Lemon Vinaigrette (below)
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat broiler. Trim fat from steak. Season generously with salt and pepper. In a broiler pan, broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat until desired doneness, turning once. Allow 15 to 17 minutes for medium-rare (135°F) or 20 to 22 minutes for medium (140°F). Let the meat rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Thinly slice the meat.
- Assemble the salad by dividing the lettuce among four dinner plates. Evenly top with, cucumber slices, red onion, tomatoes, cannellini beans, and cheese. Lay sliced meat across each salad and drizzle with Lemon Vinaigrette. Garnish with parsley.
For the Lemon Vinaigrette: In a screw top jar, combine 1/2 cup Queen Creek Olive Mill Balanced Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 3 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 cloves garlic, minced. Cover and shake well. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Makes about 1/2 cup.
Other recipes you might like