A healthier, gluten free homemade alternative to processed granola.
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup toasted whole pecans
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted flaxseed
- 1/4 cup Queen Creek Olive Mill Dark Chocolate Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup Dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- Mix the oat, nuts and grains in a large bowl.
- Measure oil into the measuring cup and swirl it around before pouring into bowl. Then measure out the maple syrup in the same, unwashed cup. (The oil will help the maple syrup exit the cup.)
- Toss everything together until evenly coated and then pour out into a baking pan. I use a large roasting pan, as it keeps everything contained. A cookie sheet with a lip also works, but you have to stir it slightly more carefully if you use that.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, turning it with a spatula every ten minutes or so. You want everything to be an even golden brown.
Other recipes you might like