Our Family Olive Oil Cupcake recipe. Locally world famous!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Olive Oil (Vanilla Bean, Lemon, Orange, Lime, or any other olive oil!)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Optional: a few drops of food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together the eggs, olive oil, lemon juice, and milk. In a separate bowl combine the sugar, salt, flour, baking powder, and baking soda with a whisk. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Pour into cupcake cups and bake 25 to 30 minutes. Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Beat the frosting ingredients together in a mixer until smooth and creamy and spread on the cooled cupcakes.
Other recipes you might like