Lemon zest gives this dish a unique citrus twist. So easy to make, done in minutes, and delicious.
- 1 lb. package linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons Queen Creek Olive Mill Delicate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon or more)
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 pats of butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine, and cook until al dente; drain and toss with a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and sauté garlic about 1 minute. Mix in chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat, and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and butter into the saucepan. Poach for 2 to 3 minutes, until shrimp is opaque. Stir in the cooked linguine, fresh parsley, basil and chili flakes. Toss and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Serve family style sprinkled with more chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Other recipes you might like