A healthier alternative to your traditional chocolate chip cookies!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Queen Creek Olive Mill Vanilla Bean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups steel-cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups any combination of chocolate chips/ carob chips/ chopped nuts/ raisins/ dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter, olive oil and brown sugar. Add eggs and beat well.
- In a separate bow, combine the flour, flax seed meal, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry mixture to the oil mixture. Mix in oats and chosen add-ins (chocolate chips/ carob chips/ chopped nuts/ raisins/ dried cranberries until well incorporated.
- Drop dough by tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 3 minutes and then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
Other recipes you might like