This healthy, gluten free dish is sure to please any fish lover. Any firm white fish will do in this recipe. Serve with your favorite Chardonnay.
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachio nuts finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Queen Creek Olive Mill Delicate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 4 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1 pat of unsalted butter
- 15 oz. can, chopped tomatoes
- Zest of a 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup good Chardonnay wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut or cod fillet, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon slices
- To make the sauce, in a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add the paprika, garlic, finely chopped pistachio nuts, butter and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, lemon zest and wine and bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 10-15 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm over low heat.
- Meanwhile in a large frying pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper, add to the pan, and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Pour the sauce over the fish, and simmer until the fish is opaque throughout, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer to a serving dish or individual dishes, and garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices. Serve at once.
Other recipes you might like