Brenda Rea's famous homemade brownie recipe.
- ½ cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Queen Creek Olive Mill Dark Chocolate Olive Oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9x12 baking pan. On low heat, melt chocolate in saucepan, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Melt butter, add olive oil, and mix in one egg at a time.
- Add in vanilla, and then chocolate. Fold in dry ingredients - don’t over mix batter. Pour mixture into a pan smoothing off the top. Sprinkle chocolate chunks on top of batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes until brownies pull away from side of pan.
Other recipes you might like