Great brunch idea when you can’t decide what to do with all the cherry tomatoes from your garden.
- 2 tablespoons Queen Creek Olive Mill Balanced Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes stems removed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (fontina, Manchego or aged white cheddar)
- 4 thick slices of toasted crusty Italian bread
- Fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat until oil is hot but not smoking. Add the tomatoes and cook over high heat, stirring, until blistered and softened, about 5 minutes. Incorporate the onions and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the tomatoes are juicy, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, basil, salt and black pepper.
- Add the eggs one at a time by breaking each egg into a small cup. With a spatula make an indentation in the sizzling tomatoes and slip the egg into the indentation. Sprinkle with cheese and cover and cook over medium-low heat until the eggs are set, about 5 minutes.
- Use a spatula to scoop out servings of eggs and juicy tomatoes onto think sliced toasted crusty Italian bread. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
Other recipes you might like