Less fat and fewer calories thanks to a cooking method of parboiling then baking in the oven. Bring on the sweet heat!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat up a big pot of boiling water. Season the water like you would for cooking pasta (taste the water, it should taste a little repulsively salty, like seawater).
- Add the chicken wings to the pot, and reduce the heat slightly to keep them at a simmer for 7 minutes.
- Drain the wings with a colander, then place them on a wire rack to drip dry for a couple of minutes. Then dry them very well with a paper towel.
- Place the chicken wings directly on a metal sheet pan, with the fattier top side down.
- Bake the chicken wings for 25 minutes on the first side, then flip the wings and bake for another 15 minutes on the other side.
- Meanwhile, prepare a large stainless steel bowl by adding the Mango Boom.
- Remove the wings from the oven when the skin looks golden and crisp and toss then while they’re right out of the oven.
Other recipes you might like