Natural ingredients make these muffins an instant hit!
- 3 overripe brown bananas (peeled and mashed well)
- 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup raw, Local Honey
- 1 large egg (vegan option: replace with 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds and 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped 85% dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a loaf pan with EVOO spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the wet ingredients until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a wood spoon until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in walnuts and/or chocolate if using. Pour mixture into muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Other recipes you might like