If you are looking for something to do with the bounty of fresh herbs that grow during the fall months this recipe is perfect. Use this fresh herb paste to coat your holiday turkey before roasting. This is enough paste to slather over a 15-17 pound turkey.
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups Queen Creek Olive Mill fresh crush rosemary olive oil
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cups fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3/4 cups fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 15 leaves of sage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cups chardonnay wine
- 1/2 cups Queen Creek Olive Mill cranberry white balsamic reduction
- In mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice, fresh crush rosemary oil, salt, pepper, chopped herbs, wine, and cranberry balsamic reduction to form paste.
- Rub the inside and outside of the turkey with the paste and roast as normal.
- Baste several times during roasting.
Note: if you will be stuffing your turkey do it prior to rubbing the paste on the bird.
Other recipes you might like