Braising your favorite greens softens their notoriously tough texture, sweetens their bitter taste, and infuses them with deep, complex flavor. Kale was made for braising. Mustard and collard greens are also great to throw in the pan as well.
- 3 tablespoons Balanced Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 pounds kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- Sea Salt to taste
- Red pepper flakes
- In a skillet, sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat until soft. Be sure to choose a skillet or large pot that has a lid and is big enough to hold the entire bunch of kale before it wilts.
- Add the kale, wine and broth. Stir and cook the kale until it has wilted to half its volume.
- Place a lid on the skillet or pot and turn the heat down to low and allow the kale to simmer in the liquid for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt to taste and red pepper flakes for a bit of heat. Serve and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like