This beautiful soup is a family favorite. We serve it during our Holiday feasts.
- 1 tablespoon Queen Creek Olive Mill Balanced Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ cup minced onion
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 twenty-eight-ounce can whole plum tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Chiffonade of basil (about 10 leaves)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Sea salt
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Then add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add wine.
- Stir in tomatoes, including juices, and break up the tomatoes with a spoon. Bring to a boil. Pour in the broth and add the bay leaf. Return to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend until smooth with a stick blender. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, then stir in the basil.
- Add heavy cream and heat thoroughly without boiling. Add salt to taste.
Other recipes you might like