Brenda's obsession with chocolate led to the creation of this incredibly rich recipe. Chocoholics unite!
- 1 ¾ Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Cups sugar
- ¾ Cup sifted cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup Queen Creek Olive Mill Dark Chocolate Olive Oil
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Cup boiling water
- Chocolate Frosting:
1 ½ Cup butter (room temperature)
3 Cups powdered sugar
2 Cups cocoa powder
6 tablespoons hot coffee or espresso
6 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a mixer, blend the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the eggs, vanilla and olive oil.
- Add the milk and beat to blend. Add the boiling water. Continue to beat at low speed. The batter will be thin.
- Pour into cupcake cups and bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cupcakes are done with toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat the frosting ingredients together in a mixer until smooth and creamy and spread on the cooled cupcakes.
Other recipes you might like